Developing of the Pressing in the Defensive Third and Transition in Determined Formation
The main goal of this training session is to develop the pressing, the organized defending and the cooperation between the players in the defensive third.
Besides, the exercises emphasize improving the switching to attack after winning the ball, and help practicing the first phase of the counter attack.
The warm-up activity consists of three parts:
- Individual soccer warm up without ball
- Passes in pairs, stretching
- Preparing for the main part of the training session with a basic 2v2 game:
In the third part, the players in possession (blue) are passing each other continuously (with receiving), the defenders (red) are attacking the player in possession and closing down the deep passing channels in cooperation by turns. The defenders can't tackle, they only practice the movement.
In the first period, the tasks should be performed at a moderate way, the intensity of the soccer drill can be raised gradually.
- Correct defending position
- Right angle of supporting
- Attacking the player in possession
- Head orientation
- Correcting mistakes