Finishing Challenge (Free)
This finishing exercise helps to develop shooting technique, finishing skills and practising basic combinations in front of the box.
Players work in a group of three.
Cones are placed to mark the players' starting positions.
5 mannequins or poles are also placed in front of the penalty box as shown. Distances of the cones and mannequins must be considered and created age appropriate.
Players change their positions after the exercises.
Player A begins the soccer drill by dribbling the ball towards the mannequin in frontof him. He performs a quick feint and shoots on goal. After the shooting, Player B dribbles and performs a quick one-two pass with the help of Player A. At the end of this action Player B shoots on goal. Player C passes the ball to the approaching Player A, who dribbles the ball to open the passing channel and performs a penetrating pass in front of Player C. Player C curves the ball inside and Player A and B try to score in the box directly.
- Vary the feints in front of the opponent
- Hit the goal and try to score from every shots
- Supporting movements after the shots
- Timing of the runs behind the defending line
- Quality, pace and angle of the penetrating pass
- Timing of the runs into the box
- Take the soccer finishing drill competitive
- Take care of extra balls
Repetitions: 6 - 12
Series: 2 - 4
Time: 10 - 30
- Small Cones: 6
- Mannequins: 5